Reverent (toward God). He is faithful in his religious duties. He respects the beliefs of others.
Any Scout interested on earning the Catholic Award for Scouting should contact Assistant Scoutmaster Paul Purcell. We are forming a group to start the process in December. Meetings will be 3 times a month ending in mid-April. We plan to meet on Thursday evenings but will try to be flexible to accommodate your schedule.
There are 2 Awards available for Boy Scouts. The Ad Altare Dei is designed for 13-14 year old Scouts but older Scouts may earn the award. The Pope Pius XII is designed for 15-16 year old Scouts but may be earned to 18.
Please talk to either Lucas or Paul at a meeting or email Paul directly at email@example.com
Ad Altare Dei
About the Emblem
The purpose of the Ad Altare Dei ( to the altar of God) program is to help Catholic Youth of the Roman Rite develop a fully Christian way of life in the faith community. The program is organized in chapters based on the seven sacraments. The seven Sacraments are a primary means toward spiritual growth.
* The most important aspect of the program is that the Scout grows in his spiritual experience of his relationship to God and the church.
Pope Pius XII
About the Emblem
* Pope Pius XII is Catholic Scouting's church-related ministries and vocation program.
* The program deals with different life choices (single, married, religious, ordained), occupations and ministries in the church as calls from God.
* It includes youth led discussions on current issues facing the church and society, which are normally included as part of a Pius XII retreat or day of recollection.
* Registered Venture Crew Members and Boy Scout of Catholic Faith.
* Designed for age 15-16 year old, but all registered Venturers (male or female before their 21st birthday) and all registered Boy Scouts (in high school, before their 18th birthday) are eligible.
As several of you have reported, parts of the website are down! The software recently updated and messed up some of the code, including the calendar and the pictures areas. Our crack team of webmasters is fixing things as fast as he can between college courses. Thank you for your patience!
If you need information that is temperarily not available here, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Life Scout Josh S. was featured on the front page of the South Jersey section of the Philadelphia Inquirer yesterday! Josh has been working very hard at his Eagle Project, putting a trail in at Hale Memorial Park in Voorhees, It's great to see him get some recognition and such a nice write up!
Online version can be found here:
Despite a chilly Friday night (somewhere in the high 20s!), great trip this weekend! We had a few visitors come to check out Troop 48, and everyone had a good time running the obstacle course, on our short hike around historic Atsion, and in a big game of manhunt on Saturday night. Next trip is the last one of the year, to Monmouth Battlefield!
Thanks to Troop 48, Our Lady of Mt Carmel Catholic School (Berlin), and St Cecilia Catholic School (Pennsauken) for working together to help gather candy for our soldiers! We managed to completely fill the back of my car (with the seats down!), which comes out to several hundred pounds of candy!