Recognizing all the things our Scouts accomplished this cold, cold, cold winter!
This weekend, we adventured many hours north to Camp No-Be-Bo-Sco in Blairstown, NJ! This is always a favorite month of camping in Troop 48, because it’s the month of our annual cabin camp out!
Adventure was in the cards too, as Troop 48 scaled a mountain from camp to reach the Appalachian Trail. After admiring the views from the top, we ventured down the legendary Appalachian Trail. Along the way, we found more views, bear scat (sadly, no bear), and a lot of remains of old buildings and maybe campsites along the trail! 7 miles of tough hiking, so great job to everyone involved!
After a steep drop down, we circled back to the cabin. There, the patrols had a cooking competition (winner to be announced on Wednesday!), the scrambled to get the patrol gear stored in the trailer as the snow storm hit! They did that quickly, and we got the vehicles and trailer to the upper part of the camp (didn’t want to test an icy hill!)!
While six inches of snow fell outside overnight, the Scouts hid out in the cabin (good scheduling!) where they played Uno, Risk, paper football, and about a million different card games.
Sunday morning, we hiked up to the cars with our gear and started for home, stopping off (of course) at Hot Dog Johnnys, because Hot Dog Johnnys.
As one of the Scouts said when we pulled up, “I think snow makes a great topping for hot dogs.” Truer words were never spoken.
Next month – Poconos Campout and Crystal Cave!
- Ski and Tubing Trip – Jack Frost Mountain – Blakeslee, PA – January
- Shelter Building Night – “The Shed” – Berlin, NJ – January
- White Horse District Klondike Derby – Pine Hill, NJ – January
- Cabin Campout – Camp No-Be-Bo-Sco – Blairstown, NJ – February
- SPL Mid-Year Election – “The Shed” – Berlin, NJ – February
- Rock Climbing Night – Elite Climbing – Maple Shade, NJ – February
- Cross Over Ceremony– Williamstown, NJ – March
- Winter Court of Honor – Holy Communion Church – Berlin, NJ – March
- Crystal Cave Campout – Poconos, PA – March
- Mullica River Backpacking Trip – Atsion to Batsto – Wharton State Forest – Shamong, NJ – April
- Swim Night – NL Aquatics – Voorhees, NJ – April
- Spring Hoagie Sale – Berlin, NJ – April
- Troop Meetings – April
- Kavi – Silver Beaver Award – April
- White Horse District Camp-o-ree – April
- Valley Forge Bike Trip – May
- Orienteering Course – May
- Fire Kit Night – May
- Memorial Day Flag Placement and Flag Retirement – May
- Canoe Practice at Penbryn – May
- Fishing Night – June
- Annual Planning Meeting – June
- Wading River Canoe Trip – June
- Anything Goes Night – June
- Spring Court of Honor – June
- Philadelphia Day Trip – June
- Atsion Lake & BBQ Day – June
- Berlin 4th of July Parade – July
- James’s Eagle Project at Fort Mifflin & Overnight – July
- Allaire Campout – Wall Township, NJ – July
- Mountain Man Camp – Elmer, NJ – July/August
- Acadia National Park Summer Trip – Seawall, Maine – August
- Start to a new year – elections! – “the shed” – Berlin, NJ – September
- James makes Eagle Scout – Haddonfield, NJ – September
- MS City-to-Shore -South Jersey, NJ – September
- Patrol Building Meeting – October
- Church Yard Sale – Berlin, NJ – October
- Rank Advancement – Berlin, NJ – October
- Hawk Mountain and Demolition Derby – October
- Obstacle Course and Advancement – Berlin, NJ – October
- Hoagie Sale and Prep – Berlin, NJ – October
- Goshen Pond Campout – Shamong, NJ – November
- Scouting for Food – Berlin, NJ – November
- GIFT Food Pantry Food Distribution – November
- South Jersey Land & Water Trust Cleanup – Lindenwold, NJ – November
- Sikh Night at the Sixers – Philadelphia, PA – November
- Antietam Campout – Sharpsburg, MD – December
- Court of Honor – December
Annual White Horse District Klondike Derby!
Read all about it in an article from The Berlin Sun.