• Candy for the Troops – November 2 to 9 -Bring your extra Halloween
Candy to the troop meetings on November 2 or 9th!
All candy will be sent to our troops overseas.
• Scouting for Food – November 2 to 21 - collect canned and non-perishable food from your friends, family, and neighbors and bring them to Scouts between November 2 and 21. All food will be given to the food bank at Holy Communion Church.
• Erik L’s Eagle Project – Nov 6 & 10 –
Day 1 will take place on Sunday, November 6 from 9 AM to 3 PM. Day 2 will take place on Tuesday, November 8 from 9 AM to 3 PM (most students have off for elections that day), again from 9 am to 3 pm. The rain dates will be 11/10, 11/11, or 11/12.
Erik will be building a fenced in area for the dogs to play in.
Please make sure to wear long pants, long sleeves, and work gloves (the troop will have pairs to lend out for those who need them) for both days, as there is poison ivy in the vicinity that we are working in!
This will be our last Eagle Project of 2011, I hope that everyone can help make it as sucessful as the first three this year! Please come out and donate any time that you can to this worthy project!
• Tree Farm Day – November 11 – Grand Teton Crew helps out at the tree farm in New Egypt to raise money for their trip.
• Batona Campground Trip – November 18 to 20 – the Cub Scouts come to visit as we build an obstacle course, have a short hike, play manhunt, and build a monkey bridge. Fun times for all at our traditional, long-running November campout! So long-running that I attended this trip as a Cub! (Scoutmaster Mike)
• Scouting for Food Distribution – November 21 – 5 PM to 9 PM at Holy
Communion Church – Come help put together Thanksgiving meal packages and distribute them to the less fortunate!
• Feed the Troops Rally – November 24 – 2389 Marlton Pike W, Cherry Hill, NJ 08002. We'll meet at the church at 9:30 to carpool over for anyone interested. Bring flags to wave as we thank (and surprise) hundreds of young men and women, currently training at Fort Dix to be deployed overseas, who can't be with their families on Thanksgiving.
Please wear “Class A” uniforms.
Now that our adventures at Sandy Hook have come to a close this month, we move forward towards the next events of the years.
First of foremost, this weekend, Saturday the 22st and Sunday the 23rd) is Paul' s Eagle Scout project. He will be working on the rail road station a block away from the shed (I'm sure you've all seen it at some point). Everyone who is available should be in attendance to support Paul as he helps restore the station to its original gleam. This means we will be painting so please wear appropriate old clothing. This will be from 9 AM to 3 PM at the station.
Next up on the calendar is next months trip to Goshen Pond, or not really Goshen Pond, but Bodine field, but we never really change the name. The cub scouts will be attending this trip, so we will, pulling out the usual stops of rope courses, hikes, and maybe some new additions. Also, we will also be trying to deplete the copious amounts of wood stashed on the side of the shed. The trip will be from Friday the 18th of November to Sunday the 20th. If you're planning on attending, let your patrol leader know, so they can have an accurate head count.